Sunday, January 21, 2007

A few days without daddy. . .

Andy was gone for three days and nights this week; attending a class retreat. This left Isabella and me alone to fend for ourselves. I took the little one to work with me and, for the most part, that went pretty well. Of course, about every fifteen minutes or so, I had to take her out to roam around in the hallway - just for a change in scenery. At one point, she walked ahead of me and stopped in front of a classroom door to peek inside. I thought the classroom was empty and didn't think much about her talking until I heard a few giggles from some college girls (at which point I scooped her up and we headed back to my office).

Overall, our three days without Andy went pretty smoothly, though I was so happy when he came home. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he came back. Another reason I was so happy to see him was because I was starting to feel a little under the weather Friday morning. I was exhausted. I was so tired that it made me feel sick. I took a nap in the morning, but it didn't seem to do too much. I also started to feel really nauseous and my stomach was pretty queasy. That was the worst it got and I started to feel a little better by mid-day Saturday. Unfortunately for Andy, he is now sick. He woke up from a nap today feeling nauseous and has since been throwing up all evening. I probably won't be going into work tomorrow. Please pray that he gets better soon and that this is just a 24-hour thing.

Thankfully, Isabella remains in good health (she's the one person in this family who got a flu shot), though she may be about to set a record for length of sleep. Ever since we've been back from Wisconsin, she has been quite the sleeper. All week, with the exception of one day, I've had to wake her up to start our day. She easily sleeps until 8:30-9:00am, one day I let her go until 9:30am and then I woke her up. She's still taking two naps each day lasting from about two and a half to three hours. If she missed her morning nap (due to being at my work or at church) she has been taking four to five hour long afternoon naps. All of these times, I've had to wake her up for lunch or dinner, depending on what nap it is. I'm not worried about this yet, but if it continues, I may have to ask the doctor about it. My assumption is that she is going through a growth spurt.

Okay, okay, I've written too much. . . on to the fun stuff - the pictures!

Isabella continues to practice her walking

Proud member of the 'clean plate' club

Daddy's wearing Isabella's shirt as a hat

What a silly daddy!

Now it's Bella's turn!

Surprisingly, she kept this on her head for quite a while
2006 in Review

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!
I'm Nicole and I'm Josh Golackson's step-sister. I linked to your blog through Josh and Lindsey's site. I've been admiring your scrapbook pages that you make for Isabella and they're gorgeous!! I'm a paper scrapper and curious about starting to digital scrap. If you have a moment could you possibly email me with your preference of programs and any tips you could give a newbie? I would appreciate it!! Thanks much!!
Nicole Wunschel
RockOnNW@yahoo.com