Thursday, February 01, 2007

She was mad at me. . .

Last night, Isabella was playing with some of our hi-lighters. We're OK with her playing with them as long as the cap is on, but then she proceeded to walk across the living room with one in her mouth. That makes us nervous. Several times, we gently told her to take the marker out of her mouth. She listened each time, though shortly after, it would be back in her mouth again. As she took off to walk across the room, I firmly said, "Bella". That's all I said. Immediately, Isaella took the hi-lighter out of her mouth and started crying. She went to Andy for comfort and every time she looked at me, she would start crying. She wouldn't go near me for a few minutes. Finally, I was able to bring her to myself and remind her that I loved her and that I didn't want her to get hurt. Eventually, she warmed up to me again.

We actually thought this was kind of funny. In the past, she's been mad when we've taken an item away from her, but it was never directed specifically at one of us. It was kind of neat to see Isabella obey us even though she didn't want to. I hope that continues. The joys of discipline.

A couple silly pictures of our girl. . .


"Walking"


I Thank God for You. . .

I suppose a natural by-product of my scrapbooking hobby is an increased interest in photography. I've been mulling over the idea of purchasing a nice camera for a while now and finally decided that I am going to make the plunge. This is a Canon Rebel XT. It's not the newest model, Canon just came out with the Rebel XTi, but I've heard great things about this camera and since it's not the newest model out there, it's a little cheaper. Still, I'm going to have to save up for it since it's $500. I currently have $39 in my camera fund. Yup, it's going to be a while before I have enough. I figure, by the time I actually save enough, the camera may have come down in price even more. Even though it will be a while, I'm excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy & Karen! This is Claire (now Zastrow!) Z & Claire from La Croose! I was looking around at the Golackson's blog, and found the link to yours!!! Your baby girl is beautiful, and it's so fun to see how you're doing! It was so funny to see Isabella's name because that is our choice for a girl's name for our little one! I found the name Isabella and fell in love with it! It's so fun to see all the pictures and I just wanted to say hi and that I still think about you guys! Hope all is well!

Much love,
Claire & Adam Z.

Grandma Deb. said...

Awesome camera. I now know what to give you for your special days such as birthdays,and Anniversary!!! You will get a deposit in your camera account. All of us love to see Bella grow. If we can't have you close to us, this is the next best thing.