Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Plan

Now that it's May, it's really starting to hit us that we're going to be checking out of here pretty soon. Since we don't know anything yet as far as what church Andy is going to be called to, our plan is to pack up our stuff at the end of the month, place it in storage out here, and then head back to Wisconsin to spend time with family. We technically have our apartment until the end of June but figured that our time would be better spent back home. Between now and then, there is a lot going on. . . Andy's family is coming out at the end of the week for graduation, I'll finish up with work the following week, we're taking a mini family vacation to Washington D.C., Andy has a week-long church planting conference from May 20-25, and then it's time to pack things up! Definitely busy. . . but all good stuff!

Bella is standing on the senior gift to the seminary: a new bench out front. Andy helped to organize this gift and Bella was the first person to sit on it!Either I was a little off or Bella was moving around a lot because all of my pics are off-centered!One afternoon, Bella and I were taking a walk through a nearby cemetery. As I was reading a headstone, Bella came up to me and showed me what was in her hands. It took a moment for it to register that she was holding a butterfly by the wings between her thumb and index finger. Startled, I somewhat yelled at her to let go and then I waved her hand until she did. As the butterfly dropped to the ground, I was afraid that she really hurt it. It was beautiful. . . deep purple, royal blue, and black. Thankfully, I went over to the butterfly and it flew off. After this, I had a little talk with Bella about how some things in nature are pretty to look at, but we need to keep our hands off.

Finished with Seminary

No comments: