Sunday, September 30, 2007

Five years of marriage. . .

Our fifth anniversary was this past Friday. Andy lined up a couple from church to watch Bella and we went out for a nice dinner, just the two of us. It has been a long time since we've done this and it was so nice. I was a little nervous about how Bella would do with the sitters - we haven't exactly been the best about leaving her with other people. Thankfully, she did so well. It helps that she feels pretty comfortable with this couple. Now if we could just get her comfortable with going to the nursery on Sunday mornings. . .

Andy surprised me with these flowers - five daisies to represent our five years of marriage.He also got me a tart burner and some tarts. . . lots of fall scents: pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla. I love these scents!I made him this little photo collage and am going to frame it. I also bought him some cologne (the same fragrance that I gave him on our wedding day). Every time he wears this cologne, it reminds me of our early days of marriage. We both love that smell. Earlier in the day. . . trying to get a good picture of me and Bella togetherMaking paper hats and being silly.
Bella was really into her drawing, so we let her take her pen and paper to the table when it was time for dinner.
She did manage to get a few bites of food throughout the mealtime. Hands full. . . she is also carrying a tennis ball that is hidden by the purple ball. The kids loves playing with balls!Playing on the steps of the Christian Education BuildingA SMILETRIP TO THE SHOREPLAYING IN THE WATER
WASHINGTON DCARTIST AT WORK
We've been enjoying our new schedule with Andy working and me staying home. The days of juggling childcare with my job and Andy's classes are over. I didn't really realize how busy things were until now, when they're not so busy. We have much more time to spend together. I'm sure that things are bound to pick up; but for now, this is really nice.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I am so glad you were able to spend an nice quiet time together on your anniversary. I can not believe it is 5 years. Bella is growing into a big girl. Can't wait to see her again.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary!

Josh said...

happy anniversary guys! I like what you've done with the house!

hope we can catch up soon. We love and miss you!