Sunday, September 09, 2007

Some photos of the new house!

I have three rooms to reveal. The rest will have to wait until another day. Slowly but surely, this house is coming together, though we still have a few rooms that we need to hang curtains/put pictures up in. . . and Bella's room has yet to be painted. Here's what we have so far. . .


LIVING ROOM: This is the main wall in the living room and this photo was taken while I was standing in the dining room. I have no before photo of this wall.

I sewed together the skirt for the entertainment stand. (I'm not a big fan of staring at all the DVDs we store in there). I also made the pillows.The color or the curtains appears really red in these photos, but it's actually more of a burgundy color. DINING ROOM: My parents gave us their dining room furniture and I think it looks so nice in this house! Funny story about that glass table in these photos. We decided to use it as a kitchen table since we already had the dining room table. We weren't the biggest fans of having a glass table, but didn't see the need to buy another one since this was here already. One night I decided that I needed to do some ironing, but we didn't have an ironing board. No problem! I'll just use the table. A teeny, itsy voice told me that this may not be a good idea, but I ignored it. After a few minutes of ironing, there was a large shatter. I looked down to see this former table in several pieces. I ended up with a few small cuts, but nothing too serious. So, here's a word to the wise. . . never iron on a glass table. The angles of the before and after pics are a little off, but it's of the same area of the room. This doorway leads into the kitchen.KITCHEN: The table you see in this after picture was given to us by a member of the church. She also provided us with an ironing board. The news of my little accident apparently traveled fast! Whoops!This is an intermediate photo of our kitchen. We got the color wrong the first time. 'La Fonda Ortiz Gold' looked pretty good at the store, but when we got it on our wall. . . not so much. Thankfully paint is pretty cheap. Another angle in the kitchenWe changed the hardware. . . the blue and yellow stripes just weren't doing it for us. We consider it our gift to the house and to anyone who comes after us. Here are a few photos from our week:
Bella loves to look out the front windowThis is her view. We live on a busy road and there's lots of construction going on. From what I hear, they are definitely building a grocery store and other stuff like a Panera Bread, Starbucks, Old Navy, Hallmark, Kohls, etc. The only definite I know of is this grocery store and the rest are just rumors at this point. Playing on the couchAnother dress-up day!This is a monumental photo here. . . definitely a milestone. This is the first time I have ever said to Bella, "smile" and she did it on command. I usually have to catch her in the act or do something silly to get her to smile. Now she does it when I ask. . . AMAZING!!!
Of course. . . she can still be rather silly. . . like here. . .
. . . and here.
But then she gives me another 'on command' smile!
Scrapbook pages: It's been a while since I've done any scrapbooking. I have a whole summer to catch up on. I'm so thankful for the ease of digital scrapbooking when there's so many pages that I want to do.

BELLA AT 18 MONTHS
CORN ON THE COBFIRST PIGTAILS (whoops. . . just realized that I need to fix the date on this one. It's supposed to be 7-4-07, not 4-4-07. . . another great thing about digital!)LIFE'S SIMPLE PLEASURES
ANDY'S ORDINATION

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kilps Family your house looks great! Karen you did a great job on the sewing projects!! Bella is getting so big. She is so beautiful!

Tim and Abby said...

Wow you guys have a real house now! Looks awesome! Enjoy! We are thinking about redoing our old bathroom- too bad we don't really know how to do anything!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=ipod access for windows 4.04 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg