Sunday, October 07, 2007

Doctor Appointment

I took Bella to her 22-month well-visit on Friday. Normally, kids don't go in at this age, but we missed her 18-month appt. since I didn't call to schedule it in time before we moved. I really like our new doctor's office. I'm used to being there for at least two hours (our old office was always running behind. . . even if our appt. was at 9am). Our appt. on Friday was at 10:45am and we were in and out within an hour. Bella had to get two shots - her second Hep. A shot and the flu shot. She is now caught up until she's five! (with the exception of the flu shot every year). They also gave us a prescription for flouride. I guess our area does not add it in the water, so she has to get a dropper full every day. Another thing I like about this office is that they give me a print-out of everything that happened at the visit. Normally, I'd be scrambling to write down all of Bella's stats, but here they give it to me and also include where she is at on the charts. I really like this. So, here are Bella's new stats:
Weight: 26lbs. 3oz. ~ 54th percentile
Height: 33.75in. ~ 67th percentile
Head Circumference: 18.74in. ~ 62nd percentile

She had fun, one day, building toilet paper towers and knocking them down.Bella really likes to jump in the puddles after it rains. It hasn't rained here in a while, so I decided to make some puddles for her to play in. She had lots of fun!Our roses are starting to go away, but here's the new flower that's popped up in our backyard. Really, I thought these plants were dead when I first saw them, but they just needed a little water, some sunlight, and time since they are a fall flower.Bella is really into bananas all of a sudden. For a while, she hasn't wanted anything to do with them. She must be craving them or something because she just gobbles them up.We got a Halloween craft in her Sunday school goodie bag, so I thought it would be fun for us to put it together. I put the glue on the pieces and Bella put them where she wanted. Here's her Jack O' Lantern! LOL!I didn't get a photo of this, but Bella got some nasty bug bites on her arms - at least six or seven and they blow up really big and red, just like mine. All weekend, she kept saying "itchy, itchy". Poor kid.

We've started doing nightly baths with Bella. The child who wanted nothing to do with baths a couple of months ago now insists on bathing every night. We used to give one every other night or every third night. I don't mind though. . . it's kind of a nice way to wind down the evening with her.

Andy's watching the Bears/Packer game. From his cheers, it sounds like the Packers are doing pretty good right now. I guess I'll go join him and see for myself.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

aaron and i are watching the packer/beat game too!!! PACKERS ARE WINNING! :-D hopefully we will keep this up! I LOVE bella's jack-o-latern lol! Aaron says its a picasso pumpkin!

WE MISS YOU!!!! Hope to see you all soon!!!!!!!

Mom said...

Love Bellaa's pumpkin. To bad the Bears won in the last quarter. It sounds like it was as exciting game.

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh...the Packers gave the game to the Bears. We were very disapointed in our household. They looked great the first half though. Love the pumpkin and the bananna picture. Gabriel gobbles down banannas too!