Sunday, December 21, 2008

Anticipating. . .

Beginning on the first Sunday of Advent (which also happened to be Bella's birthday) we've been lighting an Advent wreath at home. Each candle represents one week in Advent and the red candle in the middle is the Christ candle that we will light on Christmas morning. After lighting that first candle, it really hit me how close we were to having this baby. Each candle that was lit represented not only how how many weeks left until Christmas but also how many weeks until our baby's arrival. Tonight, we lit the fourth candle. By the time we light the red one, we'll have passed my due date (Dec. 24th).

For being just shy of 40 weeks pregnant, I'm doing pretty well. The anticipation has definitely reached an all time high. We can't wait to meet this little one and to find out of Jellybean is a boy or a girl. Of course, this baby doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get here. As of my last appointment, I haven't made much progress labor-wise. I go in again tomorrow for another check. That's my last appointment. Because of my previous c-section, I can't go past one week overdue and they won't induce me - it's an automatic repeat c-section. They currently have me on the schedule for a c-section on December 29th, if I haven't gone into labor on my own before them. That gives me one week. I'd really like to try and labor on my own since I never had that experience with Bella. Mostly, though, I just want a safe delivery for me and the baby and whatever way that happens to be, I'm going to be OK with it.

This is me today: 39 weeks, 4 days pregnant. Onto other things:

At my Moms' Club Christmas party, we did an activity similar to Build-a-Bear. Each kid had a Christmas toy to stuff and name. Bella picked a gingerbread toy. (And you'll notice that we were playing dress-up again that morning, which explains Bella's Sleeping Beauty attire. She didn't want to take it off). In goes the stuffing. Before closing her up, we had to put this little star inside. We named her 'Ginger'. There's a birth certificate and everything. And here is Bella with the finished product.We also made some Christmas cookies earlier in the week. Once Bella got hold of that rolling pin, it was hard to get it away from her. Bella and Auntie Kristen decorating the baked cookies. Kristen arrived in town on Tuesday and has been such a big help. It's so nice having her here!Deep concentration as Bella decides where the frosting should go. Our finished cookies! Can you tell which ones Bella decorated?Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! (and that we have some baby news to share soon!)

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Wishing you a smooth and easy delivery... and one that you can do yourself! :) Ginger is such a cute stuffed "animal." Merry Christmas to you, Andy and Bella!

Bridget said...

I love the cookie crumbs on Bella's face while she's frosting -- too cute!

I will be thinking of you guys over Christmas and as your due date approaches. I wish you guys were here, but even more so, I wish for a safe and smooth delivery for you and Jellybean.

Merry Christmas!!!