Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I enjoyed my Mother's Day very much. For starters, I got to sleep in a little - something that never happens on Sundays. Bella greeted me that morning with a card and a "Happy Mother's Day". She couldn't wait for me to open my present - Photoshop Elements 7. I've wanted this program for years now. I've installed it on my computer and can't wait for some time to play around with it. After church, we tried to have lunch outside, but the wind forced us back in. Later in the day, we spent some time with our friends who just had a baby girl 4 weeks ago. The little one was so cute and content. After Graydon's newborn days, my vision of a newborn is pretty much a baby who cries all the time; so when I saw this little peanut content as can be, I was pretty amazed. She also looked so tiny to me. Though Graydon is only 4 months old, I seem to have no recollection of him being that little. (Maybe because he only spent about a minute being tiny - or because I blocked out those traumatic early days!) Speaking of Graydon's size, we had his 4 month check-up last Wednesday. His new stats:
Height: 25 2/4 in. - 90th percentile
Weight: 15 lbs. 8 oz. - 75th percentile
Head circumference: 16 5/8 in. - 50th percentile

He got four more shots and did great. As soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying and was in a great mood for the rest of the day. Maybe we should get shots more often. Just kidding.Did I mention how much he loves his toes.

No comments: