Monday, June 22, 2009

Blueberries, Car rides, and Father's Day

When I was a little girl in Brownies (Girl Scouts), we wore sashes; and on these sashes we'd sew on badges that we'd earned for accomplishing various tasks (cooking, babysitting, sewing, etc.). I've been thinking lately that mommies should have sashes. If we did, I'd have two new badges to add to mine: "up-all-night-with-puking-child" and "middle-of-the-night-stain-removal". It all started earlier in the day at the grocery store. Bella wanted to get some blueberries. A healthy snack? Sounds good! When we got home and I was unloading and putting away the groceries, Bella took the container of blueberries to the living room. I thought nothing of it. When I finished up in the kitchen, I joined Bella in the living room only to discover an EMPTY blueberry container. She ate the WHOLE thing! I was a bit concerned about what all of those berries would do to her little stomach; and those concerns were realized when Bella started throwing up around midnight. This went on a few times during the night. As hard as we tried to contain the stuff, it ended up on her bedding, the carpet, and the bedding in the extra bedroom (that we had to move to since her bed was covered in the stuff). We were all up a lot that night - which is why Bella did a bit of this the next day. Wish I could have done the same. Thankfully, after her tummy emptied out and she got some rest, Bella was feeling better again.

On Saturday, we took a day trip to the shore. I let Bella take some pictures to keep her entertained during the car ride. It's always neat to see things from her perspective.I guess this was the reason that Graydon was being so quiet. Should have known.

Like most families, yesterday we celebrated Father's Day. Bella told me that her favorite things about Daddy are playing with him - especially bouncing on the purple ball, chasing around the house being "monsters and alligators", and having popcorn nights. Graydon loves it when Daddy wears him in the Snugli and cuddles with him on the couch. Andy is such a great dad to our kids and I am so thankful to have him in our lives. We made him a little frame and got him various gift cards to different places he likes to visit. We did a bit of relaxing and then went for a drive. The kids slept and we talked. We ended the night with "Slumdog Millionaire". I can see why the movie won so many awards, it was really good.

I'm starting to get back into my scrapbooking groove. I have a lot of catching up to do. *Disclaimer: I used to include links to my online scrapbooking gallery for credits to who made the stuff I used as that is proper digi-scrapbooking etiquette. Due to my inactivity on those sites, my gallery has been deleted. I don't care to create another one and I don't think that any of this blog's readers even care who created the stuff I use; so from now on there will be no linking. I'll take my chances with the digiscrap police. :).

9 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Hi Karen,
This is the digiscrap police... you're busted! No, just kidding! Good to see that you're back into your scrapping. Your pages are always so wonderful!
Your kiddos are looking cuter and cuter everytime I see an update!
Have a wonderful summer!

Kurt and Jenn said...

hey kare-bear so sorry to hear about bella. I know that oxyclean works amazing on getting out blue berry stains. One day Payton was eating blue berries and had one stashed in her hand when she went down for her nap. When I got her out of her crib her new white sheet and her outfit had blueberry all over them. I soaked them in cold water and then washed them right away with oxy clean. every last bit of Blueberry was gone. Love me some oxyclean. Don't know about throw up though with all that stomach acid and stuff, good luck.

Kurt and Jenn said...

hey kare-bear so sorry to hear about bella. I know that oxyclean works amazing on getting out blue berry stains. One day Payton was eating blue berries and had one stashed in her hand when she went down for her nap. When I got her out of her crib her new white sheet and her outfit had blueberry all over them. I soaked them in cold water and then washed them right away with oxy clean. every last bit of Blueberry was gone. Love me some oxyclean. Don't know about throw up though with all that stomach acid and stuff, good luck.

Anonymous said...

oh poor bella! i wonder what it is in blueberries that made her throw up. The pic of her sleeping, she looks just like you.
Hopefully you are getting some rest and the attacking those stains.

Love
Auntie Mary

GMA Debbie said...

Poor Bella. I framed the picture she sent gpa and me. Glad she is feeling better

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 220 dollars on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 170 dollars on every site. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 340 dollars on every site. But finally I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what do you think?