Sunday, July 05, 2009

6 months old, 4th of July, and green beans!!!

Graydon's first month of life may have been the longest month of my life. . . but each month since then is FLYING. "Soak it in. It won't be like this for long." This is my mantra. Six months down. Another six month stint and my baby will be one. Sniff. On a cheerful note - isn't he getting so handsome?!
This photo just warms my heart. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing happiness written on the faces of my children.Bella keeping busy with a 4th of July craft. The finished product. The princess didn't want to wear her crown, so we put it on someone who was too young to protest (though based on his expression, he didn't seem too hip on the idea of weaing it either.)We took the kids to a 4th of July parade. Due to our late arrival, our seats weren't the greatest. We also had a moody Bella who wanted to leave as soon as we got there. Graydon thought it was pretty neat though. And Bella was slightly pacified with a lollipop that was thrown to her. (Notice her pink top. I had a red one with a flag all ready for her to wear; but needless to say, I lost that battle.)Later in the day, we went to a friend's house for a picnic/pool party. This was definitely the highlight of the day for Miss Bella. That evening, we watched the fireworks display from our front porch. It sure was nice to avoid all of that traffic.

Green beans for Mr. Graydon. I made Bella's babyfood out of financial necessity; but since it was so easy, it was a no-brainer that I'd make it for Grady-boy as well. First taste: how is this going to go? Thinking about it. Success! He ate it all up!Of course, he's generally not too picky about what goes in his mouth. The kids and I survived several days without daddy this week. He counseled at a church camp and was gone from Saturday to Thursday. This was my longest stretch, alone, with both kids. Thankfully, it went faster than I thought it would - though we are all glad to have him back. Bella's prayers last night went something like this: "Thank you Jesus for Daddy. Thank you for his work and for him playing with me, and bouncing on the purple ball, and playing hide and seek. Thank you for him watching tennis (Wimbledon)." She missed him and was very happy to have him home.

Still catching up on my scrapbooking.
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!!!

1 comment:

Jarrod & Heather said...

Great photos Karen! Love your new scrapbook pages! I'm currently losing the nap battle w/ Jed. He still really needs one, but you can't force a kid to sleep. I'd much rather lose the clothes battle, but he's a boy and doesn't care what he wears - though he would rather be naked! lol!