Sunday, December 06, 2009

Birthday Festivities

Bella is four! And if she sees you on the street, she'll let you know it. Her first remark to anyone she's encountered this past week as been, "Guess what! I'm four!" This was a big birthday for her. She really feels grown up. A woman from church called her a kid this morning and Bella responded, "I'm not a kid. I'm a big girl!"

We started off the morning of November 30th with a gift from us. A Dora pop-up tent! Bella loves to make 'houses' out of chairs and blankets or she'll crawl under the table and make that her house. Now she has another house to play with!Later in the day, we made some cupcakes together. Generally, the birthday girl isn't responsible for making her own cake. But Bella always enjoys cooking projects, so I thought it'd be fun to do it together. And, I feel it's necessary to explain her expression here. Often times when Bella smiles, she squints up her eyes to where you can barely see them. I asked her to open her eyes up for the picture and this is what she did. I'd have taken another, but then things really started to get crazy with the frosting. A few birthday decorationsWhen Daddy came home, we went to McDonalds for a little dinner (Bella's request) and then spent a lot of time in the playland. When we returned home, it was time for cupcakes, candles, and more presents. She blew out all four candles in one breath!
This was the other half of our gift to her. I made her this doll. I meant to take a picture of the tummy, but I forgot. I wrote out a Bible verse on some fabric and sewed it on. I got the doll pattern here. I've never made anything like this before, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And Bella likes it, so that's the main thing. Today, we had a little birthday party for Bella after church. It was simple and small. Two friends. One little project: decorate a princess crown and wand. Pizza, cake, and ice cream.

Here are the three little princesses (prior to fully decorating their crowns).Cake time! It took Bella two breaths this time since she decided to space the candles so far apart on the cake. Presents!Bella received so many wonderful gifts today and over this past week from family and friends. She is one loved little girl. Every gift was such a hit. Thank you so much to everyone!!!

And, we need to give Graydon a little love in this post. I've lost track of how many times I have found him like this. He loves to pull the photo albums off the shelf and look through the pages. A boy after my own heart. :)