Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lots to celebrate!!!

The Olympics. . . Valentine's Day. . . Chinese New Year. . . there is a lot to be enjoyed and celebrated this weekend. Before all of these, however, our household is rejoicing in a good report from our ultrasound on Thursday!

With each pregnancy, I am cautiously optomistic as I head in to this ultrasound. While everything seems to be progressing just fine, I have heard numerous accounts of women heading into this ultrasound and receiving a blow that something major is wrong with the baby. I try to prepare myself as much as I can for the possibility of a complication (though I don't know if you can ever be fully prepared for such news); but am always relieved to hear of no red flags. The same tech that performed the ultrasound with Graydon did this one as well. Though it would have been nice for her to explain things as she went about her business, her silence did not concern me this time as it did with Graydon.

Before I show you the pics from Thursday, here is what Pumpkin looked like on Dec. 3rd. I was 9 weeks, 3 days pregnant at the time. In case you can't tell, the head is on the bottom.All of these ultrasound photos are photos of photos, which makes them less clear. We received a new printer which does a nice job at printing pictures, but it doesn't have a scanner.

Here are the newest pics! These are from 19 weeks, 3 days.

This one is my favorite.This is my second favorite. Legs and leg bones.Hand and arm. I think this was supposed to be a face shot. . . but it didn't turn out.And, here is what I look like at 19 weeks, 3 days. I think I am carrying this one a little higher than I did Bella and Graydon.And, since I'm comparing, this baby seems much quieter than Graydon. I've probably been feeling movements for 3-4 weeks now, though I have not had that defining moment yet with this pregnancy was it was like BAM! that's the baby. I'm getting more light flutters and swooshes, if that makes sense. I'm pretty sure that's how it was with Bella. Graydon was very active and often made his presence known. I hope this means that Pumpkin will be more of a mellow, laidback baby. This Momma can dream, right!

Onto other things. . .

When the number of brown bananas in the freezer gets to about 5, then it's time to make banana bread. Bella loves baking projects. Here is the little Betty Crocker.It always turns out so great when she helps me - probably because that batter really gets stirred and beaten when Bella gets to it.



We DVR'd the opening ceremony for the Olympics on Friday and then watched it on Saturday morning, since it was on pretty late. Bella got into the Olympic spirit.While the athletes from each country entered the arena, we marched around the house waving our Olympic flags and blowing our flutes (straws). This was Bella's idea.

Graydon celebrated in his own way.Looks like he missed the lesson on flag etiquette. Poor little guy has another cold and he's teething. . . which means that he constantly has snot coming out of his nose and drool coming out of his mouth. He's a mess these days, but oh so cute.His fourth bottom tooth along with a top molar broke through about a week and a half ago. The other three molars are just below the surface and will hopefully make their appearance soon.



"It's Happy Valentine's Day!" Bella said this more than once today. She was very excited.

Bella's gift: Valentine candy and some lip gloss.There was a sucker on the other end of these lips.Graydon's gift: sippy cups and Gerber graduates fruit snacks.Andy's gift: candy bar bouquet. (Bella painted the vase). Andy surprised me with new bedding for our bedroom. We've been on the hunt for a new look and he found something really nice. . . and it was a great price! Can't wait to see how it all looks when we get it set up! He also lined up babysitters for earlier in the day so that the two of us could get some alone time together. We had such a nice time.

Tonight we're going to enjoy a chilled (non-alcoholic) beverage together and watch some Olympics. Sounds wonderful to me!

Happy Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

Kreuser Family said...

Pumpkin looks sooo cute!! And Bella and Graydon are such good looking kids! They are getting so big! Gosh I love them!
Pumpkin sounds a lot like Ava to me...laid back and not too active right away.
I have a feeling this little one is going to be a girl and she will have brown eyes.

You look great by the way!!