Monday, April 19, 2010

Bella's Activity Book

I can't take credit for this idea but it was so simple and clever that I had to make one.

1. A plain black 8x8 scrapbook that I wasn't using. (I recovered it in some extra fabric I had just to make it look cute).
2. Dry erase markers and extra flannel material for erasing. These are attached to the book with velcro. This particular set of markers actually came with their own erasers on the tips making the fabric only needed for the big erasing jobs. 3. Paper to fill the pages. Here are a few of mine.Bella's book has activities, writing practice, and coloring pages. I found some of these on the internet and made the rest myself. She's really into learning how to write our names right now - so I was sure to include those pages.This has already come in handy at church and a couple of outings.The best part of all - she loves it!!! She calls it her "scrapbook" and keeps it in a bag by the door.

When these pages get old, I'll just insert new ones. Lots of possibilities!!!

3 comments:

Kreuser Family said...

I love it!! I'm currently doing that kind of thing for one of my classes. That project inspired me to also make a poem and rhyming book for Ava. It includes lullabies and poems that go along with books, etc. I love these kinds of projects!

How fun!!

Suz said...

What a great idea!

Mom Debbie said...

Karen, you should patten some of your ideas, they are cute, practical and great ideas.