Saturday, April 10, 2010

He awakens from his sleep

. . . and waits.

Sometimes he talkes to himself in there. Sometimes he is silent. I suspect that he is awake for much longer than I realize. I wonder what goes on during those moments between Graydon waking up and me coming to get him. It's not like I try to leave him in there for a long time. . . it's just that it's not always obvious exactly when he wakes up.

At 9:15 this morning, I was surprised that Graydon could still be asleep. His day usually starts somewhere around 7:30-8:00am. I quietly peeked in his room to check on him and there he sat. . .

in his crib
paci in mouth
holding his blanket
completely content.

As soon as I enter, he perks up and greets me. I try to discern his jibber jabber which is even less discernable as it's muffled by the paci. I just assume he is telling me all about his dreams and we "talk" about that for a little bit.

Before long I am chasing him around the room, trying to change his diaper.

This little guy baffles me. Never would I have pegged him as a happy riser who patiently entertained himself while waiting for Mommy to come get him. He was not that kind of baby.

But he's come a long way.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Maybe he's practicing the patience he'll need as a big brother?!? Hope you are doing well and getting ready for Little Kilps #3!! I enjoy your updates and watching the kids grow up! Thanks for the updates and photos! Send my best to your whole family!
love in Christ,
Suzanne Miller

Mary said...

He's getting to be so big. Can't wait to see you guys and baby #3 in August.

Mom Debbie said...

I miss his little snuggles. A grandma needs those once in a while. Can't wait to see all of you soon.