Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Easter Week:

Bella and Graydon picked up some branches from the yard and we worked on a little project. Easter egg nests! (I saw it in Family Fun magazine.) Lots of great ideas there.


On Saturday, we dyed our eggs.





I wrote our names on the boiled eggs with clear crayon just prior to dyeing them. Bella was amazed when her name magically appeared on an egg.


Our colorful eggs in their little homes.


Easter day:

Our church had its annual Sunday School program and Easter bonnet contest. I didn't get any photos from this since my hands were pretty full with Curtis. Here are their hats:

Bella's bonnet- she designed and made this herself. The only thing I did was hot glue some of the elements in the places where she told me to.



Graydon's crown - I envisioned him having a bigger role in the making of this, but after doing the tissue paper grass with me, he was done. So I got to put the foam stickers wherever I wanted.



And then he wouldn't wear it. I ended up giving it to another little boy who didn't have a hat to wear.

Curtis wore bunny ears.

Here's Bella and Curtis all dressed up.


I did not ignore my middle child. But an overly bright sun and uncooperative two-year-old made this the only photo I got of just him.


After our church service, we got a photo of the whole family.


And I couldn't let the day go by without a photo of the kids all dressed up. Ideally, I would have gotten these in the morning before church and before shirts got untucked and hair lost its curl. But I'm on my own on Sunday mornings and I barely got out the door in time as it was.

If you'll notice, Graydon has another owie. This time on his lip. His bump/bruise finally cleared up on his forehead and then he fell on the concrete while chasing a ball and scraped his lip. We had a few days for it to clear up a little.

I'm always happy to get a shot of smiling children, but I love the candid photos we took even more. They are so playful with each other.





After being such great kids, we went home, got comfortable and searched for Easter baskets. Bella found hers right away - in the bathtub. And she helped her brothers find theirs too.



We followed that up with a delicious lunch at the home of one of our church family's. It was a beautiful day to celebrate the greatest victory this world has ever seen.

He is risen!!!

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

they are soo cute!