Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our baby boy is ONE!



As each moment goes by, I find myself thinking back to one year ago. I remember each detail from my water breaking to heading out to the hospital. From changing into my hospital gown to getting wheeled to the OR. From getting my spinal to hearing my baby boy's first cry.  I loved those first couple of days in the hospital when I really got to bond with Curtis.  Those are precious memories that I will always treasure.

This past year has been filled with much joy.  Curtis is a sweet little boy. He smiles when you smile. Laughs when you laugh. He loves to be outside or playing with toys (especially Graydon's toys - which Graydon is not too fond of). Carseats are not his favorite thing. Never have been. He says "ma ma" which either means "Mom" or "more". He also says "boo ba". A lot. I'm afraid that might mean "bootie butts", something that big sister and brother think is hilarious to say. He protests when I break his food into little pieces for him and yet doesn't have the teeth to eat many un-cut foods yet. This leads to frustration for both of us. But our snuggle times together more than make up for any of that.

We love this little guy so much and are very thankful for the gift of his life. 

Happy 1st Birthday Curtis Michael!

Curtis's first year from Karen Kilps on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Handsome Curtis!

Uncle Aaron, Ava, and Auntie Jodi love you so much!! Can't wait to see you in a week-ish!

Have a wonderful 1st birthday!