Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to School Eve

It was raining cats and dogs that morning, but I promised the kids Sidewalk Chalk Paint and I have to keep my promises.

After pounding my chalk bits into powder and mixing in some water, we were ready to paint.


It's a good thing we have a covered porch.





Curtis found his own ways to get involved.


Our final summer fun activity complete.


Later that evening, we celebrated a Back to School Night.

There were decorations.


Flowers and candles. (I envisioned just a cheap bouquet of carnations, but the least expensive flowers at the grocery store that day were these pink roses. Ended up working out perfectly for our pink-loving-lady).


Some back-to-school advice.


A crown that I made for her third birthday that she never wore and of course the 'You are Special' plate.


Bella chose the menu: spaghetti and meatballs. We toasted our kindergartener-to-be with sparkling grape juice.

And for dessert: Chocolate Cream Pie!

Soon enough is was time for pajamas, stories, and sleep.

After all, it was a SCHOOL NIGHT!!!

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

I love the decorations you make!!