Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Graydon!

Graydon is three!

Tears formed in my eyes in the operating on the morning of December 31st, 2008 when the doctor said, "It's a boy!" Andy and I welcomed 2009 in the hospital with Anderson Cooper, Mountain Dew & Reese's Pieces, and our BRAND NEW SON!

And that brand new son is now three!

Graydon showed off his intelligence early on in the year by learning all of his letters and numbers. Shapes and colors shortly followed. And then his stubbornness shined through when we attempted potty training. He gets lots of time-outs for hitting Bella and Curtis but will then show his tender side by giving out random hugs and kisses. After rough sleeping habits as a baby, he has more than made up for it by being my champion napper - often three hours!

Graydon's list of favorites include: Diego, Dora, chicken nuggets, apples, "flying" (riding) bikes, baths, his froggy blanket, and the word "no".

To describe my feelings for him in one word, I'd have to say, "smitten". I can't seem to get enough of this little guy!

Happy Birthday Grady-Boy! We sure do love you!

No comments: