Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration in our home.

But first, I want to backtrack to a few days before Christmas. Bella came home from school with this masterpiece.
Photobucket

I was pretty impressed. I don't think I've ever made a house that looked so good.

Cookie baking and decorating time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was Graydon's nap time. I really intended to put him down, but he got so excited about decorating cookies.
Photobucket

Bella has become an old pro at this. It's hard to tell my cookies apart from hers.
Photobucket

But I bet you'll never guess which cookie is Graydon's.  Photobucket

Photobucket

Although he had fun, in hindsight I'm thinking that I should have put him down for a nap. He was quite the bear that evening.

* * *

Christmas Eve

I think that Bella looked so beautiful all dressed up!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And she loved it!
Photobucket

I was able to take some photos of her while the boys were napping.

I ended up having to wake them up to go to church so I was only able to take two quick photos of my handsome little boys.

(Don't look too excited Graydon.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

All week, Bella had been practicing the words and tune to 'Away in a Manger'. She and another little girl sang it as a duet at the beginning of our Christmas Eve service. Here is a video of it. They did a great job!


I always look forward to getting a family photo on Christmas Eve.
Photobucket

After church, we let the kids open up one present before heading up to bed.

Pajamas for everyone!!!
Photobucket

* * *
Christmas morning:

"Happy Birthday Jesus!"
Photobucket

The first gift of the morning was actually opened by me. Bella couldn't wait for me to see what she made at school. I love my new votive!
Photobucket

Then it was the kids' turns.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was super excited to find this little box of instruments. They are the first thing that Curtis gravitates toward when he's in the church nursery. Now he has his own cymbals, tambourine, triangle, maracas, and keyboard.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of Bella's gifts was a jewelry box that you can decorate. She got to work right away.
Photobucket

A couple of days before Christmas, a church friend dropped off these beautiful, handmade stockings for the kids. To say that I love them is an understatement. I treasure them. Each stocking must have taken hours to make. I don't even think that this photo does them near the justice they deserve.
Photobucket

And here are my lovelies with their lovely stockings.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Christmas morning snuggles.
Photobucket

I call this his GQ pose.
Photobucket

After a couple of hours, Bella finished her jewelry box!
Photobucket

We enjoyed a breakfast of french toast, sausage, and pineapple and then it was off to church again.  Tomorrow morning we heading back to Wisconsin for some more Christmas celebrating.  Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

Looks like a great Christmas for you guys! Cant wait to see you on the first.