Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally got our snow!

Before I get to the snow, I've got some other photos to share.

And I'm just going to say it off the bat that after three weeks, I'm bagging the Project Life already. I'll probably still be taking photos most days anyway, but I'm finding that the format doesn't really work for me and it actually complicates the way I've been accustomed to blogging. So, back to things as normal.

Here we have Graydon showing off his sensitive side as he cares for one of Bella's babies.
Photobucket

Bella rescued her gingerbread house on its way to the garbage and brought it to the safety of her room only to have Curtis find it and turn it into his late morning snack.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys and I did some baking on Tuesday morning. I had some leftover Hershey kisses from Christmas, so we made some Peanut Butter Kiss cookies.
Photobucket

The recipe is simple:
1 cup of sugar (you can opt to divide this - which is what I did - into 1/3 c. white sugar, 1/3 c. brown sugar, and 1/3 c. confectioner's sugar)
1 cup of peanut butter
1 egg

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  It's a great recipe to make with kids!
Photobucket

Yummy! We ate them up so fast and now I want more.
Photobucket

Wednesday was a big day for Graydon. He got a big boy bed!!! I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that we waited so long. But the crib was working out so well. It was time though.
Photobucket

He's had four nights in it now and is doing great! Hasn't gotten out once yet. (Of course, I haven't been putting him down for a nap because I want him to be super tired at bedtime. Seems to be working).
Photobucket

Bella carved our names into the computer desk. Good thing it was already in a scuffed up condition!
Photobucket

Here is Graydon attempting to get chips out of the pantry. The quirkiness of this old house (old staircase turned into a pantry) definitely worked is his favor that day.
Photobucket

My little Daisy! It's cookie-selling time. She's so excited. This was the first thing she asked about when joining Girl Scouts.
Photobucket

Peeked into the living while the kids were watching Pink Panther and saw this.  Why use the couch when there's a perfectly good laundry bin.
Photobucket

After Girl Scouts on Friday evening, Bella and I headed out for a girl's night. While we were at Target, Bella picked out a gift (Valentines for them to color) for Graydon and Curtis in the dollar section. On Saturday morning, she gave the boys the gift in this bag that she prepared.
Photobucket

And FINALLY. . . our snow!

I had no idea that it was supposed to snow. But early that morning, Bella announced it to everyone! Andy had a busy day ahead of him, so we pretty much got dressed, ate breakfast, and headed out.
Photobucket

Bella finally got to use her new snowboard.
Photobucket

And she's pretty good at it.
Photobucket

With only a few wipeouts.  (Can't say the same for myself.) 
Photobucket

Graydon really enjoyed the sled (or "boat" as he called it).
Photobucket

Photobucket

And Curtis was there too. He went on the sled a little, but mostly just wanted to watch.
Photobucket

Lastly, Bella finished her cat project that she (and I) worked on. This was a Christmas gift from Gaga and Papa. It is now proudly displayed on a shelf in her room.
Photobucket

3 comments:

mcbenetti said...

Now you have me wanting pb kiss cookies!

Kreuser Family said...

Lol curtis ate the house! Hard to be mad when it comes to cute things like that.

Grandma Debbie said...

Poor Bella. The joys of little brothers!