Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sickies!

Andy went to bed with an upset stomach on Saturday evening.  He was up a couple of hours later getting sick. Super sick. This kept up all night, just about every hour.  In his four-and-a-half years as a pastor, he's never had to call out sick on a Sunday - until last Sunday.  And it wasn't just any Sunday.  It was the Sunday of our church council meeting.  This occurs once a year and is a pretty big deal. Andy usually presides over the meeting.  Thankfully, we have very understanding Elders and Trustees.  People stepped up and everything flowed nice and smoothly.

Later that evening, we had our own little Super Bowl party.  Andy's stomach was still pretty queasy, so he didn't get to enjoy all of our tasty game snacks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We weren't too interested in the teams playing in the Super Bowl this year, so to make it a little more interesting, we made it 'Boys' vs. 'Girls'.  Bella kept score.
Photobucket

While Bella and I were technically rooting for the Giants, I did find myself pulling for the Patriots at the end. I think I'm just a sucker for the underdog - unless they're playing the Packers.

Curtis didn't sleep too well that night. He woke up in the morning with a fever. We laid pretty low on Monday.
Photobucket

Tuesday morning rolled around and Bella came into our room with a stomach ache. Pretty soon she was getting sick all over the floor. (Between her and Andy, it's a really great thing that we have hard wood floors up there). She stayed home from school that day and, with the exception of a warm bath, pretty much camped out on the couch.

Here she is post-bath and starting to feel a little better.
Photobucket

And a little silly too.
Photobucket

A couple of sick day essentials - a bowl nearby (just in case) and a special flower from Daddy.
Photobucket

Thankfully, Graydon and I made it through without getting sick.
Photobucket

By Wednesday, Bella was back to herself and ready to carry out some big-sister duties.
Photobucket

Just before Christmas, some friends from church showed up with a few big bins of Geotrax. Graydon loves to get all of the train stuff out and build new tracks - keeps him busy for quite a while. (Pardon the crack). :)
Photobucket

We are feeling the love over here and it was time to show it with some Valentine cookies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last September at 'Back to School' night, each of the parents in Bella's class signed up to help out in the classroom one day. I signed up for February 10th. At the time, I didn't know that this would end up being a special day. Turns out, it was the kids' 100th Day of School! All of the kindergarteners made hats with 100 objects attached (Bella used puzzle pieces).
Photobucket

I showed up at school just in time to watch the parade. (Blurry photo taken with my 2 megapixel camera phone).
Photobucket
There were so many creative hats. Very fun!

Part of their Show and Tell this week was to answer a worksheet of questions. Here's what Bella had to say:
  • I wish I had 100 "Littlest Pet Shops".
  • I wouldn't want 100 brothers.
  • I can make 100 cards.
  • I can eat 100 macaroni noodles.
  • I could never eat 100 chickens.
  • Having 100 teddy bears could really be a problem.
  • In 100 years, I hope that I can sew. 
  • I can lift 100 little rocks in a bag. 
I'm looking forward to a week of healthy people in my house!

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

Oh no. There is something going around here too. Im trying to stay away.
Glad everyone is starting to feel better.