Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine-ing

With her class list at hand, Bella got to work on her class valentines.


I love how Bella loves to do craft projects. A girl after my own heart. Last weekend, we worked on her class Valentines together. I cut out the butterflies and glued the eyes to the suckers. She did the rest.


Valentine's Day arrived and we had a special dinner. Bella and Graydon set the table.




Curtis waited patiently.

Bella got excited!


Dinner is served! Pizza topped with pepperoni, onions, red peppers, and tomatoes.


And finally dessert. Bella and I made these earlier that afternoon.


The kids each got some Valentine candy from Mom and Dad.



I think that Curtis already has a slight sugar buzz going on here.

Bella took a little inventory of the valentines from her classmates.


Beyond Valentine's Day. . .

Graydon and Curtis have done this a few times now. I might be working on something in the kitchen and, in passing, notice each of them carrying a few shoes from the laundry room. Before long, the laundry room is emptied of shoes and the back of the couch looks like this:

There has been a noticeable shift in Graydon and Curtis's relationship over this past week or two. There are starting to play together more and more as 'equals'. I'll hear Graydon says things to Curtis such as, "Curtis! Come upstairs with me!" "Curtis, chase me!" It's fun to watch and I pray that their friendship continues to build over time.

We are starting to get some winter blahs. The weather has definitely been mild, but it can still be a bit cold to be out for a prolonged amount of time. So, we looked for some fun inside activities and came up with this. Table leaf turned slide. The boys had a good time with it.




And thanks to Pinterest, I found a nice recipe for Gak!






They made so many different things from 'necklaces and bracelets' to 'pizza' to this 'girl thinking' (see the thought bubble).

This easily occupied them for at least an hour and a half.


Definitely a winner!

2 comments:

mcbenetti said...

Those valentines are adorable!

Jodi said...

cant believe how big theyre getting.