Monday, February 11, 2013

Winter-ing

Bundling up.   Snow balls.  Laughter.  Snowman.  Shivering.   Hot cocoa.  This is what winter is supposed to be!

A few inches of snow fell this weekend.  Not nearly the blizzard that folks north of us experienced, but enough to provide some entertainment for three little kids who wanted to play outside. 
  photo IMG_1800_zps79db4890.jpg

The snow was a bit dry and sort of difficult to pack.  But we did manage this little guy. 
  photo IMG_1794_zps173e9801.jpg

I believe this was Curtis's first snow man.  Last year, we didn't get any snow.  And he was just a baby the year before that. 
 photo IMG_1802_zps00c8ea91.jpg

This is Curtis after removing his winter hat.  I used to think that only girls had issues with hat hair - until I had boys. 
 photo IMG_1782_zpsdd2a61d6.jpg

I got out some paper, stickers, markers, and stamps for Graydon and Curtis to make valentines for their classmates. 
 photo IMG_1785_zpsb389518f.jpg

 photo IMG_1788_zpscdd04a8c.jpg

All finished!  I added their friends' names.  Bella and I will work on hers soon!
 photo IMG_1789_zps2bfd9216.jpg

This week at playschool, the kids learned about volcanoes.  The glasses are their "safety goggles'. 
 photo image-20_zpsdd39bca2.jpg
And then they made their own!
 photo image-20_zps8261e3f0.jpg

 photo image-20_zps37caaf3d.jpg

Bella has been learning about space during science class at school.  "Did you know that Mars has red dust."  "Jupiter is the biggest planet."  "Pluto is a dwarf planet."  She seems pretty fascinated by it all.  She even picked out a space book during library, brought it home, and then copied the whole thing!
Here are a few of the pages.
 photo image-20_zps61275a31.jpg
And she wanted to hang this school project up in her room. 
 photo image-20_zps73cb5bd2.jpg

I love discovering new things that my kids are interested in.  It kind of gets me interested in it too!

 And finally. . . I took this photo before church on Sunday morning.  Such sweet kiddos.  All of them looking at me.  Smiling.  Amazing.   
 photo IMG_1805_zps3773133e.jpg

Happy valentine's day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing
around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo
News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you
My page ... check in advance

mary said...

Its been awhile since ive been able to look at the blog!! The boys have changed soo much since xmas and bells looks like shes taller! Miss you guys. Hope you are all feeling better.

Love Auntie Mary