Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sounds in the night

It was 9:30pm. The kids had been in bed for about an hour and a half. I was sitting on the living room couch when I heard "Creak. . . Creak . . . Creak" coming from our upstairs bathroom. Andy wasn't home at the time. I needed to investigate. As I approached the top step, I saw that our bathroom door, usually wide open, was mostly closed with just a crack of light leaking through. I pushed the door open and looked down near my feet. This is what I saw.


"It morning Mommy?"

"No baby, it's still night time."

And then this sweet little boy dressed up as a super hero started to cry one of the saddest cries I've ever heard from him.

So I let him sleep in our bed that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share ideas.

Great website, continue the good work!

Also visit my blog post ... registry cleaners

mcbenetti said...

He us too cute as a super hero!