Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Great Outdoors

We visited a local farm stand this week.  I love when the weather warms up and the farm stands open.  I love the whole atmosphere - surrounded by fresh produce and beautiful flowers.  Plus it gets us away from the hustle and bustle of our busy street. 
 photo photo_zpsb98503a6.jpg

The boys got to feed apples to the sheep (who were feeling a bit shy and didn't end up eating any of the apples until after we walked away).
 photo photo4-2_zpsb50723a0.jpg

 photo photo2-2_zps66945414.jpg

 photo photo3-2_zps6aa43b16.jpg

We picked up a few more plants to stick in our garden.

Here she is! 

This bed contains strawberries, various tomatoes, and onions.
  photo IMG_2214_zps7e340d6a.jpg

In the next bed we planted cucumbers, green beans, sweet peppers, and jalapeno peppers.  I think there may be one other vegetable, but I can't remember right now. 
  photo IMG_2215_zps245faee9.jpg

I also have a little herb garden.  It contains Basil, Cilantro, Chives, Parsley, and Lemon Thyme.  I also have a pot of Mint, but our friend at the farm stand said to keep that out of the garden since the roots spread all over the place and we'll end up with Mint in places that we don't want it. 

I'm so excited that we're growing some of our own food!
 photo IMG_2213_zps76506288.jpg

And this is just a random photo of me and Bella at a church dinner a couple of weeks ago. 
 photo DSC_0057_zps8651347b.jpg

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

Ive always wanted a garden. good luck. bring me some cucumbers.