Thursday, June 13, 2013

Garden decor

When we first planted our garden, many of the plants looked similar or they were just seeds still buried under the ground. I thought it would be fun to have the kids make some garden markers so that we knew where everything was.

I had some old canning lids and large popsicle sticks - so we painted those.  






Here are a few of them in our garden a few weeks ago.





Small disclaimer: these markers are currently NOT in our garden as my hot glue did not withstand the elements and all of lids were flat on the ground.  I tried again with wood glue and had the same result.  Andy is going to make one final attempt with this crazy goopy glue that he has.  I'm pretty sure it will work.  I think these kid-made markers add such a creative touch to our garden.  And it was one more way to get the kiddos involved.

Here's the most recent photo from our garden.  Everything is growing nicely and it is extremely rewarding to see little green tomatoes already.   I've been grabbing from my herb garden almost nightly.  I am so happy that we started gardening!

No comments: