Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Curtis!

June 28, 2010


June 28, 2011


June 28, 2012


As I type this, I am very aware that exactly three years ago at this time, we were packing up the remainder of our things and about to make our way to the hospital. My c-section was scheduled first thing the next morning, but my water broke! I never liked the idea of scheduling my children's birthdays, but it turns out that June 28th was just meant to be the day that Curtis entered this world!

Two big milestones during this past year that I have failed to document on this blog are:

1. Curtis sleeps in a big boy bed! He actually has since late January. One day, he was just finished. He saw Graydon getting into his bed (they share a room) and he wanted to do the same. He slept on his crib mattress for about a month until we got him an actual bed. He didn't seem to mind, but I always felt bad when I'd check on him and half of his body would be on the floor. I figured that I'd take photos of the boys' room with their matching beds once I got their comforters. As it turns out, they still don't have comforters. I haven't found anything that I like that is reasonably priced. Graydon sleeps nicely in his sleeping bag and Curtis sleeps on top of his sleeping bag with a mess of blankets all around him. He vary rarely wants to be under any kind of covers.

2. Curtis is potty trained! I'd say he's been safely trained for about a month now. For a long while, I just kept waiting for him to be ready. I'd often ask him if he wanted to use the potty. He'd always say "No!" Several weeks ago, instead of asking, I just started to say, "Come on Curtis. Let's go potty!" He started doing it and we just kept reminding him and before we knew it, he was trained!

Some of Curtis's current interests include Spiderman (superheros in general), riding bikes, and playing with his tools. He's been a picky eater latey, but LOVES smoothies. He is goofy, strong-willed at times, playful, sweet. . .and we all love him so much!

We are so grateful for another year to celebrate this precious boy.

Happy birthday Curtis!

2 comments:

Mary said...

such a cute slideshow!!

Kreuser Family said...

Happy Birthday, Curtis! We got you a gift but decided to keep it here until you all cone here next month!! Can't wait!