Sunday, July 07, 2013

Curtis's Third Birthday Celebration



Curtis's birthday began with a special breakfast smoothie (with whip cream!)  I think that Curtis is in a phase right now where he would have a smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if he could.  Whenever I make them, I always have to make twice as much for him as I do for everyone else.


It feels so good to be three!


We recently became members at our town's pool, so we spent the day there. I love that Curtis's birthday is in the summer. So easy. We ordered lunch there which was a treat since I always pack our lunch.


And we bought the kids snacks - another treat! I usually bring snacks from home. If the kids want to buy snacks at the pool, they have to use their allowance money. But not when there's a birthday to celebrate!

Dinner: Chick-Fil-A! Curtis's choice.


Please don't laugh at this cake. Cake making is definitely not a talent of mine, but on the eve of Curtis's birthday, I had put together a relatively presentable cake. When we woke up on birthday morning, the frosting had all melted off and sat in a pool all around the cake stand. (I frosted a completely cooled cake, by the way). I re-frosted it and put it in the refrigerator, only to have it happen again! What you see here is my third frosting attempt (using the same frosting since I only bought one container). Kind of pathetic. But Curtis didn't seem to mind. And thankfully it tasted better than it looked!


Make a wish. . . blow out the candles!


Curtis seemed to forget that presents were involved with birthdays. So when we brought them out, he was ecstatic!





Finally, the big gift!  Andy had ordered it and it actually arrived on our doorstep while we were at Chick-Fil-A.  He quickly put it together while we ate our cake. 




"A motorcycle!!!" Curtis exclaimed!


He's definitely a fan!

We topped the evening off with a viewing of Madagascar 3, but the fun continued the next day when Curtis could take his new "motorcycle" out for a spin.

Happy birthday, Curtis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bella hasn't been wearing boots for some time now. Why is that?