Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday, Bella!

November 30th through the years. . . here's my growing girl!

2005
 

2006

2007

2008

2009

2010


2011
Photobucket

2012
 Photobucket

When I found out that I was pregnant in the spring of 2005 with a due date of mid-December, I knew that the upcoming Christmas season would be a special one.  I looked forward to it all year.  But I didn't allow myself to listen to any Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.  I didn't want to jump the gun and take away any of the 'special-ness' that I knew this Christmas season would bring.  Those Christmas songs were almost like my reward for making it to the end (something I often feared I wouldn't make it to). 

I just started listening to Christmas music today and thinking back to this time eight years ago.  Not only was Bella born, but the mom in me was born.  I remember all of the excitement. . . and the anxiety.  After working in a daycare for a couple of years, I knew that I could take care of a baby.  But be a mom - that was something completely new.  As we celebrate Bella's eight years of life, I also celebrate my eight years of being a mom.  As she grows up, I think that I am growing up too.  I get a little sentimental when I think back to that teeny baby from 2005.  Bella has changed so much since then - it's almost hard to believe it's her!  We've been on a pretty amazing journey together and I am so thankful that I get to be her mom. 

Happy birthday, Bella!




2 comments:

Kreuser Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELLA MARIE KILPS!

We love you so much!

It's been a blessing watching you grow up! You're such a great big sister, older cousin, niece, friend, the list continues!

Never change!!

Love ALWAYS!
Uncle Aaron, Auntie Jodi, Ava and Nora

mary said...

love the slideshow! happy birthday bella!
we love you soo much!