Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day and other random life stuff

Valentine making - the boys hard at work on a Saturday night.  
IMG_1824

My goal with our valentines this year was to use stuff that we had around the house.  I had a TON of crayons, so we melted them down.  And I cut up some of our clothing boxes from Children's Place and Gymboree for the card stock.  The boys will use these for their weekly playgroup (party postponed until tomorrow due to our snowstorm last week).   
IMG_3532

I already had these stickers, white cardstock, and random ribbons.  The candy was leftover from Graydon's birthday party (the pinata).  And I just used ziploc snack bags from our pantry.  These are the valentines that Graydon brought to preschool.  This was originally the idea that I had for Bella but. . .  
IMG_1830

. . . she really wanted to do the lollipop in her hand again, so I caved.  Had to buy some extra lollipops for that one; but they did turn out cute. 
IMG_1834

The boys and I made some V-day snacks. 
IMG_3531

So yummy and pretty. 
IMG_3533

We also made some chocolate covered strawberries.  Here is Curtis enjoying the last bit of melted chocolate. 
IMG_3535

I found this simple valentine drink recipe and thought I'd try it.  Unfortunately, it called for raspberry sherbet and our store only had lemon.  Not quite the color I was going for, but still a fun treat.
IMG_3538

IMG_3540

Beyond Valentine's Day

Curtis normally takes baths with Graydon - but not this night.  He had so much fun having all of the space to himself. 
IMG_1827

Curtis's snowman.  I think that the upside down pipe makes it look like a little polar bear.  Very cute. 
IMG_1835

Bella and I did this one together. 
IMG_1836

I am currently on Day 3 of a three-day cleanse.  It's a Detox Cleanse from Dr. Oz.  This has been my diet for the past three days. 


I began by chopping up and measuring out all of my fruits and veggies on Sunday night.  Each meal had its own bag.  Lunch took up two bags.  Then the bags went into the freezer.   
IMG_1838

Here they are in smoothie form.
smoothie
I really enjoyed breakfast.  Lunch wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be (based on the reviews I'd read of the cleanse).  But it was huge and took up two whole glasses.  I didn't end up needing my snack smoothie on any of the days because I was still working on the lunch one.  Dinner was kind of scary.  It had cayenne pepper in it!  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either - but I still can't say I'm a fan of spicy smoothies. 

The kids wanted to try my meals.  All three liked breakfast.  Bella and Graydon attempted lunch.  None of them wanted anything to do with my dinner. 
IMG_1844

IMG_1847

Last time I went to the store, Graydon specifically requested oranges so that we could make orange juice.  It took nine oranges to get one glass.
IMG_1839

IMG_1842

And there's one of me and Curtis playing this morning while Bella and Graydon were at school. 
IMG_1852

1 comment:

Lori Benetti said...

Isabella's hair is getting long! It'll be nice and long for auntie Mary's wedding :)