Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Turning 34 and other things. . .

This is not my first birthday in a new place.  It seems that, whenever we've made a big move, it's always been around the beginning of August, with my birthday arriving just a few short weeks later.  But this is my first birthday that has ever fallen on a school day.  It felt a little strange to send Bella and Graydon off to school when I've become so used to having my kids around on my special day.  But I still had Curtis and we got some special hangout time.  And he got to run errands with me - lucky boy.  The real celebrating began in the evening when everyone came home.  We had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and Andy made me some brownies (which turned out much better than LAST YEAR'S!
IMG_0059

The following day, we went on another farm tour.  Andy got to drive a gator. 
IMG_0060

If you look closely at the picture, you can see that Graydon is steering the tractor.  They didn't go straight or anything, but he sure did enjoy that experience. 
IMG_0062

A little over a month ago, the kids were getting buried in sand.  Now it's corn!
IMG_0065

IMG_0066

IMG_0067

IMG_0068

Bella's turn to steer this time.  She did pretty good going straight!
IMG_0070

A Happy Meal toy at McDonalds. 
IMG_0085

Graydon asked me to take his picture. 
IMG_0099

Curtis is starting to get much better at cleaning up after himself.  He wanted me to take a picture of him cleaning. 
IMG_0101

Bella and Graydon's school photos have already come back!  Both kids are looking so much older to me. 
IMG_0104

My parents were in town and my mom purchased a slip n' slide for the kids that was on clearance. 
IMG_0112

IMG_0115

We played lots of games: movie trivia, Spoons, Uno, and matching. 
IMG_0116

My mom brought her cotton candy maker!
IMG_0117

And though we're closer, we were still sad to see them leave.  Thankfully our next visit will be sooner than later!
IMG_0118

1 comment:

Kreuser Family said...

The kids look sooooo happy! They seem so at home! I bet Graydon is looking loving the farm!