Saturday, December 06, 2014

Bella's 9th Birthday Celebration

IMG_4028

Several members from my family came down to visit and celebrate Bella's birthday.  We enjoyed talking and relaxing on Friday evening.

Our main outing on Saturday was to a winery/brewery just outside of town and then we ate lunch at the restaurant on the property.  At the end of lunchtime, Graydon got sick.  It happened a few more times when we got back home.  I gave him a nice warm bath, which really perked him up and when I got out, found that Curtis and Ava and put together a special place for him to rest.  I love their thoughtfulness.
IMG_0510

Curtis brought Graydon some water and Ava sprayed Lysol around the house.  Such great helpers!
IMG_0511

The party began that evening after a Thanksgiving feast part two. Poor Graydon missed it all as he was already asleep by this point. Ice cream cake is the tradition in the Benetti family and that's what Bella wanted.
IMG_4016

IMG_4018

It took a few tries to get all of those candles.
IMG_4021

At this point, I tried to use the flash on my good camera and discovered that it was jammed.  Major bummer.  I used my cell phone camera for the rest of the night, but the quality of the photos just aren't as good.  Truthfully, I've been lazy and rarely bring out my good camera these days.  But for birthdays or anything important, it's a must.  So that kind of stunk.  But a lower quality photo is better than none at all!
IMG_0512

She got so many great presents!
IMG_0523

Lots of new reading material!
IMG_0525

LEGOS!!!
IMG_0530

She also got a super comfy outfit from the Kreusers and more LEGOS and a Wisconsin sweatshirt from Uncle Scott.  Even Curtis wrapped up one of his trucks for her.
IMG_0535

The evening winded down with a game of family memory.  And a side note: somehow this is the only photo that contains a couple of family members besides Ava.  My dad fell asleep on the couch while Mary played the game.  I completely missed Jodi, my Mom, Scott, and Nora.  I have to get a little bit better at taking pics - or at the very least get one that documents everyone that was there!
IMG_0536

After church the following day (Bella's actual birthday), we went out to lunch where Bella was sung to by the wait staff.
IMG_0538

She was surprised by the big sundae.
IMG_0539

But definitely wanted to share it since she was full from her meal.
IMG_0542

After lunch, it was time to say goodbye to everyone.  This was a sad point for Bella.  We cheered the birthday girl up with a little shopping trip to Target.  We hadn't gotten her anything yet.  I gave all of my best ideas to others.  I looked around leading up to her birthday, but nothing quite stood out to me and I didn't want to get her something just to get her something.  So we decided to let her pick it out.  She looked around for quite a while at the toys and games.  There were a few potentials in that area.  But she definitely perked up in the craft area and chose a box of new art supplies and art paper.  She got to work as soon as we got back home.
IMG_4029

6:52pm - She is officially a nine-year-old!  I snapped a photo of her watching her birthday slideshow again.
IMG_4037 copy

We saved a few presents for the end of the day, just to keep the excitement up.
IMG_0547bw

It was so great having so many people in town to celebrate our girl.  Happy Birthday, Bella!

_____________

Edited to add some photos that my sister sent:

 DSC07317

DSC07325

DSC07327

DSC07329

DSC07331

DSC07333

DSC07342

DSC07349

DSC07371

DSC07373

DSC07374

No comments: