Monday, December 15, 2014

Wisconsin Weekend

My Grandma was heading south for the winter with plans to leave in early December.  This bumped up my extended family's Christmas celebration and also allowed me to attend for the first time in ten years!  The kids and I drove up one Friday afternoon and made some new Christmas memories on this family-filled weekend.

A new tradition in my family is attending the Miller Brewery Christmas Lights Show.  
10360393_10152922049732354_8278440964492506347_n

My parents attended the show two years ago and enjoyed it so much that they started to include the rest of the family last year.  I remember seeing the pictures from their time last year and thinking sadly to myself that this is just one more thing that I will miss out on.  Who knew how much things would change in one year?!

The light show was pretty awesome.  Thousands of lights all set to Christmas music.  
IMG_0586

IMG_0587

And after the show, there was beer tasting (and soda for the kids).  
IMG_0588

IMG_0589

IMG_0590

IMG_0569

We concluded the night with my Dad treating all of us to dinner at one of his favorite spots in Milwaukee.  We took up three different tables!
IMG_0570

St. Nicholas arrived by the following morning.
IMG_0577

IMG_0578

And Curtis started to feel under the weather.  'Tis the season for the sickies!  
IMG_0579

I sprayed disinfectant around everything that Curtis touched and, thankfully, he was feeling better by the evening when the rest of the family came over for Christmas.

(I copied the rest of these photos off of Shutterfly from an album that my sister shared.  The resolution is a little lower because they are just copies, but I still wanted to include them so that I could have the memories on this blog). 
2

3

I met my cousin's baby.  It's been a while since I held such a wee, little one! 
4

5

This is always a highlight about coming home during the cold months.  I love fireplaces! 
7

8

9

10

11

13

14

15

ry%3D480

The evening concluded with a dice game. 
16

These two were partners and ended up winning the game! 
17

Ava slept over that night and all four kids slept on the floor in Grandma and Grandpa's room! 
IMG_0585

This was just the first of many more Christmas celebrations to come!  I love this time of year.  :)

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

Looks like fun!