Tuesday, August 18, 2015

It's Soccer Time!

Soccer gets going pretty quickly out here. We had our first practice AND first game last week.  And when I say "we", I literally mean, all FIVE of us.  All three kids are playing this season. . . and I'm coaching! {With Andy as my lovely assistant}.

As far as coaching goes, I am completely unqualified as I have never played soccer in my life.  And I initially tried to get out of it; but as time ticked on and coaching positions still weren't filled. . . I gave in.  Fortunately, it's a fairly low pressure position.  I'm coaching Graydon and Curtis's team of eight 5 & 6-year-olds.  We don't keep score at the games and we're just getting them exposed to the game.  But still, I do feel a little in over my head!

Here's Miss Bella before her game.  She was pretty excited to be on the orange team.
IMG_4885

She and Tyler ended up on the same team!
IMG_4887

Pre-game stretches.
IMG_4890

While I was watching Bella, I lost track of Graydon.  After looking around for a moment or two, I spotted him across the field, running on the track.
IMG_4892

Our girl in action!
IMG_4898

The rest of us are on the red team.
IMG_4901

I tried to strike a delicate balance of coaching and taking a few snapshots of the kids playing.
IMG_4909

IMG_4912

IMG_4913

IMG_4916

Three hot, sweaty, and tired soccer players.
IMG_4920

Andy had a surprise for them after the game.
IMG_4924

New fishing rods for each of them.
IMG_4927

We used them the next day.

1 comment:

mcbenetti said...

Looks like a lot of fun.