Thursday, September 17, 2015

Back to School Interviews

I'm a little late on these this year.  I didn't even realize that I forgot to take our first-day-of-school videos until almost a month after school started!  Then I finally took them only to discover that the sound on Bella and Curtis's video didn't record.  No idea on that one.  But it meant that I needed to re-interview them.  Then the upload to You Tube took crazy longer than usual - like 1400 minutes per video!!  This turned into a bigger ideal than I had originally thought.  But here they are.  And I know that I'm going to love looking back on these interviews in the years to come.

Bella's interview.  This recording was even more of a challenge as I ran out of memory on my camera during it.  I deleted some things and got to recording again.  And then my battery died.  Boy oh boy, this was extra difficult this year!


Graydon's interview.  The easiest one.  The original recorded with sound and it uploaded the quickest!  


For their original interviews, all of the kids were in their school clothes.  But it was a Saturday morning when I discovered that Curtis's original video didn't have any sound.  He was still in his jammies and didn't want to get dressed yet.  And he was trying on winter hats.  This is what we ended up with.


I've been back to work for about a month now. I would say that I'm still in the adjustment period as I learn to squeeze all of the things I used to get done while the kids were at school into the evening hours. Life has gotten a little busier, but I am really enjoying my job at the school. It is perfect for this phase of life that we are in. And seeing the kids at school throughout the day is a definite bonus! My days as soccer coach are numbered. We had our final practice last night and our final game tomorrow night. With this ending, that will free up two nights each week. I could use them! But all in all, I have no complaints. Life is good. :)

No comments: