Friday, October 23, 2015

Disney World: Part 1

We've been back from Disney World for about five days and have brought with us so many magical, wonderful memories.  I shared a bunch of them on Facebook. . . but I would refer to that compilation as: "The Highlights".  Over the next several days, I will share on this blog the "Extended Version" of our vacation.

On the night before we left, our next door neighbors came over with little Mickey Mouse treats for us.


And party hats!  We've really hit the jackpot in the neighbor department.

Saturday morning:  The day we've all been waiting for!!!  I put up a countdown on our closet door beginning in August with 70 numbered circles.  We finally got to pull off the last one!

Just before we left, the Meades came over all dressed up and with a little goodbye song.

It went a little something like this. . .

I think we hit the jackpot in the family department too. :)

And we're off!!!

We intended to get to southern Georgia that first night on the road.  Around 8pm, we reached a town that we wanted to stop in, but due to Georgia's State Fair, there were no hotels available.  We kept driving.  45 minutes later we stopped in another town.  No hotels.  This time it was because of a Luke Bryan concert.  We just had to keep going.  We let our fingers do the walking after that and didn't find an open hotel on our drive route until over 100 miles into Florida!  That made for a long drive the first day; but then our Sunday drive was a two-hour piece-of-cake.

I reserved a room at a Marriot in the Disney Springs for our first night in Orlando.  It felt so good to arrive and the hotel was really nice.  The kids wanted to go swimming right away and the pool area was wonderful.


We sat in the hot tub for a little bit, but it wasn't really needed.  The Florida air was hot!


That evening, we ventured into Disney Springs and ate at T-Rex.

We met up with some friends from our church in New Jersey who moved to Florida.  

The kids were pretty impressed by the Lego store.


There were several areas where the kids could build their own creations out of Legos. Graydon cried when it was time to leave. We tried to explain to him that we had a week ahead of us that would be filled with so many fun things.  But all he wanted to do was play with Legos.

On our way out, we watched the volcano erupt over Rainforest Cafe. That was pretty cool.  Curtis didn't want to leave that!

But we needed to get back and get some good rest that night.  The next day we were going to Epcot and checking in to our resort!

No comments: