Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve and Day

Christmas Eve was a pretty relaxing day. I spent some time reading a book and we watched some movies. Our first Christmas Eve service was at 6pm. The kids always clean up really nice.
DSC_0006_01

I experimented with my camera settings on some of these photos and it made the lights twinkle.
CSC_0128

I'm sure it's a drag for them when I make them get their photos taken, but they're pretty good sports about it. I think they're used to me by now. :)
DSC_0031_01

This was our first Christmas with a fireplace. I was so happy to hang those stockings on the mantle.
DSC_0037_01

The kids after the Christmas Eve church service.
CSC_0062

One of these years, I'm going to try and get a photo of the candlelight part of our service. I'm always sitting on my own with the kids and we are each holding our own candle, so of course my eyes are glued on them, making sure they don't accidentally start the church on fire. But it is so pretty and I'd love to have a picture of it - especially of the kids holding their candles.

Annual family Christmas Eve picture.
DSC_0060_01

Santa arrived around 12:30 on Christmas morning. There were a few bigger gifts this year!
DSC_0070_01

The kids woke up around 7am. The sky was still dark.
DSC_0072_01

We opened our last Advent box. Our activities change from year to year, but on Christmas Day it is always the same: light a candle and sing 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus. (Normally, I hang our boxes on a little tree. But with Mabel joining our family, I knew that these would be too tempting for her).
DSC_0075_01

Jesus's birthday candle.
DSC_0079_01

Patiently waiting.
DSC_0073_01

We took the kids shopping individually this year and they were each able to purchase $5 gifts for their siblings. They had so much fun giving their gifts.
DSC_0082_01

Bella received a bracelet craft box from Graydon and chocolates from Curtis.
Graydon received a dry erase board and markers from Bella and Yo Kai medals from Curtis.
Curtis received a cat pillow from Bella and a Transformer from Graydon.

This photo turned out a little darker and grainy, but I love Curtis's face in it.
DSC_0081_01

DSC_0086_01

We went youngest to oldest this year, so Curtis got to open the first of the main gifts. He got a flying minecraft ghost.
DSC_0091_01

Graydon's big gift: BB-8 from Star Wars.
DSC_0095_01

DSC_0096_01

Bella got a light-up letter B to put in her room.
DSC_0104_01

A new pokemon watch for Curtis.
DSC_0106_01

Graydon was really excited to open up this phlat ball.
DSC_0108_01

New bedding for Bella.
DSC_0113_01

Some new legos for this guy.
DSC_0115_01

Opening up the alarm clock that he asked for.
DSC_0117_01

This package contained some new boots for Bella.
DSC_0118_01

This is a gift basket that Bella made for Andy. It contained homemade chocolate chip cookies that she made the day before, freshly squeezed orange juice that she squeezed that morning, a Packer logo perler bead creation, and a drawing of Andy's car. She did such a great job with it.
DSC_0123

She knit me these socks. She also painted a snowflake ornament for me. My photo of it turned out too dark, but it is really pretty.
DSC_0093_01

Curtis also got little gifts for each of us. He was given a dollar coupon for the Holiday Shop at school and stretched that dollar to get something for each of us: Andy got a ring, Bella a foam airplane to build, Graydon a sticky guy, and me a little storage bin. I was so touched that he used that dollar to buy stuff for us.

Then it was time for Andy and I to exchange our gifts. He got me flannel sheets, a wok, winter boots, and a gift certificate for an hour long massage. I am spoiled! I got him new gloves, a Packer mug, tool kit, magnetic flash light, oil diffuser, and gift certificates for a car wash. I often forget what gifts we give and receive from year to year, so I thought I would try to start writing them down.

Since Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, we went to church after our gift opening. The kids got to wear pajamas and the adults wore crazy Christmas sweaters. Then we had cookies and hot chocolate after. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. We watched 'The Grinch' and played a game of Clue. Then it was time to clean and pack for our trip to Wisconsin. Tomorrow is December 26th, but Christmas is just getting started for us!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: