Saturday, May 27, 2017

Lori's Bachelorette Weekend at the Kentucky Derby!

My baby sister is getting married this summer and her bachelorette party was in Louisville during the Kentucky Derby weekend.

Her friend lined up a house for our group to stay at through Airbnb. It was perfect. Here are some of the nice details.
IMG_1061

IMG_1066

IMG_1067

IMG_1062

IMG_1063

"Pat" showed up a few places.
IMG_1064

IMG_1065

We put a blow-up mattress in here and this is the room why I stayed with Mary and Kelly.
IMG_1060

Goodie bags for all of the girls.
IMG_1057

Complete with ribbon badges with photos of each of us with the bride-to-be.
IMG_1058

Gift time!
IMG_1068

Dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown.
IMG_1072

Saturday. . . Kentucky Derby Day!

I originally had these boots on and then changed my mind. In hindsight, I should have kept these boots. It had rained that morning and there were some really muddy places.
IMG_1074

I also had a coat with me originally, but when the sun popped out, I decided not to bring it. I probably should have.
IMG_1078

After a rainy forecast, we were all just so happy to see the sun come out!
IMG_1084

Wax lips!
IMG_1085

Sisters! (Minus Kristen)
IMG_1087

At the Derby and it's time to make some bets! I didn't end up putting any money down, but I wrote down my top three picks. Turns out I should have bet. My number one pick was Always Dreaming  - who ended up winning it!
IMG_1090

Our whole group. Churchill Downs was sooo crowded and we were such a large group that it was hard to keep everyone together. Thankfully, we didn't lose anyone!
IMG_8692

IMG_1093

IMG_1097

IMG_1098

Our final pic from the Derby.
IMG_1100

This was such a fun weekend that went by way too fast. The nice thing for me is that Louisville is only a little over an hour away. I was home on Sunday a little after noon!

No comments: