Monday, May 29, 2017

Mother's Day

I woke up on Mother's Day to this card on my bedside table. It was all Bella's doing and it led my on a little scavenger hunt.
IMG_1190

My first stop was the bathroom. She made me some heart-shaped bath bombs!
IMG_1189

The next clue led me to the kitchen where she had flowers and another card. The 6th graders at school were selling flowers as a fundraiser for a field trip. The sneaky girl bought some for me and then hid them in her backpack until we got home.  She sure knows how to make her mom feel loved!
IMG_1193

Our church service was early that day and we were home by 10:15am. That is unheard of on a Sunday. And, we had the whole day completely open - no evening church service. Plus, the weather was absolutely perfect. There's been a lot of rain lately, but we couldn't have designed a more perfect day for Mother's Day.
DSC_0008_01

We had a pizza lunch on the deck. I drank a mimosa.
IMG_1198

I took the day off from doing any school work. I'm in two condensed eight week courses right now and the workload is high - especially with my job and our kids' busy schedules. It was nice to take the day off.
IMG_1203

The boys made me some really sweet cards and then everyone brought out my new gift: a Blendtec! We've been making a lot of smoothies for a while now and I've been wanting a high-powered blender to really blend up things like kale and nuts. This thing is awesome and exactly what I wanted!

We played some noodle tag, baseball, and then got out the slip n' slide. Lots of quality family fun. It was the kind of day where I was already missing it and it wasn't even over.
IMG_1211

IMG_1214

IMG_1215

We tried a new restaurant for dinner that evening.
IMG_1220

And I got a back rub that night. If I could have figured out a way to stretch out time, I would definitely have done it on this day.

No comments: