Monday, January 08, 2007

Back in Pennsylvania

We pulled into our parking lot at 5:53 am (Eastern Time) on Sunday morning, January 7th. Amazingly, we had high energy considering that we drove throughout the night. We decided to do the majority of our drive at night so that Isabella might sleep better. This trip went well and Isabella did sleep a little better than on our trip out. If it weren't for the toll booths, she may have slept longer. She woke up each time we had to pay money, which is quite a bit on the stretch of highway that we travel on. The last two hours were a little rougher on Isabella. I spent the majority of that time rubbing her feet or hands or arms or legs, anything to keep her comfortable. Thankfully, that seemed to do the job, though my hands were a little tired at the end of the trip.

I wasn't too excited to head back to PA, but now that we're here, it's not so bad. It feels great to sleep in our own bed and to be done with living out of a suitcase. Yesterday was kind of a blur as we were all in and out of sleep throughout the day. We managed to unpack everything, which was quite an undertaking in itself since every possible space in our car was stuffed. And, for the record, the majority of that stuff belonged to the little lady who rode in the backseat - she had quite the Christmas! As I unpacked all of her toys, I became a little overwhelmed and am now in the hunt for a toy box to minimize the toy clutter. My project for the next few days is to go through our stuff and get rid of what we don't need or are not using. The spring cleaning bug has bit me a little early, but I figure I should take advantage of it while I'm motivated. This drive seems to come upon me whenever we accumulate a lot of things at once (like we just did).

Here are a couple of scrapbook pages that I did before we left town:



1 comment:

Jessica Bratsch said...

Andy and Karen,
We love reading your blog! Isabella is getting so big, she is such a beautiful little girl. We wish you all the best!

-Paul and Jessica Bratsch