Sunday, April 01, 2007

New Words???

Isabella has been saying 'baby' quite a bit this week - mostly when we're in the car. I know that she understands the word because she will go get her baby whenever I ask her to and she also signs 'baby' once in a while. But, when I point to her baby and ask, "Bella, what's this?" all I get is a smile or a giggle or a sentence of Bella's secret language. Stinker! Still, I'm encouraged. It also sounds like she's been trying to say "I love you" only it comes out "I yav ya". She's also learned a few more signs this week: 'ball' 'love' and 'baby' (already mentioned). Sometimes I wish that I could get inside her head and know what's going on because she seems to tell the most elaborate stories complete with head nods, hand gestures, and giggles. Tonight, we went to church and she was pretty quiet throughout the whole service. Afterwards, a woman came to talk to her and Isabella chatted away with her. They had a good 5-10 minute conversation. It was like she had saved up all her vocal energy during the service and needed to get some good talking out.

Isabella had another post bath bedtime snack in the hall. This time it was peas. I'm so happy to have a kid that likes to eat her vegetables. This is her way of letting us know that we need to do the laundry. . . . . . and that Daddy should put his shoes on. We bought Bella a new sippy cup with a straw. This is the first time she's used a straw and she did really well. She still tries to tip it up like a regular cup and we have to remind her that this new cup doesn't work that way. STROLLING ALONGSUMMER IN INDIANAAndy's seminary career is drawing to a close. It's April now. All of his assignments and papers have to be turned in by April 27th. That's three and a half weeks away! The time between now and then is going to be crazy, but it's still so exciting to be this close to completing his M. Div.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you? This is Ryan and Jody -the Golacksons former teammates in E.Asia-we thought we would check out your blog after seeing it on there site and see what you guys are up to! Wow-Isabeela is a doll! We have a dolly of our own -Juleah is 15 months. I am dying to know how the scrapbooking works on your website-please write! rjbrinks@juno.com
Jody Brinks

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Thank you for the encouragement with CIO. It has been such a blessing that he can put himself to sleep and that he is finally sleeping more at night.

Jess

Jessica Bratsch said...

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I am so glad to hear how well Isabella is doing with talking! What an exciting time.

Jess