After she woke up, things started to go a little better. However, at dinnertime she started to get really clingy and upset. Since I had to get dinner going, I couldn't hold her. I just wrapped her in her blankies again and laid her on the floor. After chopping up my onions, I was again surprised to look at her and see that she had fallen asleep again, this time on the kitchen floor! Poor baby.
By Wednesday, she really seemed to be on the mend. I hosted my mom's club Valentine's Day party. Our house was full! I meant to take more pictures from the party but I underestimated how busy I'd be during it. I did manage to get one (blurry) photo of Bella and another little boy flirting with each other.
Thursday was pretty good - we laid low and had some fun moments.



Things took a turn for the worse on Friday. She woke up from her nap very unhappy. By the evening, her temp spiked again. That night she slept horribly and was up crying almost every hour. At 3:30am we brought her into our room. I called the doctor again on Saturday morning and we finally got her in. Here she is asleep on the couch before the appointment. What is usually such a rare occurrence has become quite normal this week. She even fell asleep on me while we were waiting in the doctor's office. By the way, she kept her glasses on throughout the whole appointment. She was adament about wearing them and I wasn't about to argue with her over it.
The doctor looked at her ears and could tell right away that they were infected - the right one pretty badly and the left one mildly. We headed back to the phramacy and picked up another two prescriptions: Amoxicillin and ear drops. The rest of the day was pretty awful. Bella was just not herself - very inconsolable. First she wanted mommy, then daddy, then blankets on, then blankets off, and on and on. . . I think she was just so uncomfortable and achy and she was trying all she could to make it better and nothing was working.
I'm happy to report that today has been so much better! Looks like the medicine is doing its thing! Bella has been so happy, smiley, and playful. It feels like I haven't really seen this side of her in weeks. I'm so glad to have this Bella back. 
Last week I mentioned about how we've been demoted from the pink chair at bedtime. This week we are also not allowed to read anymore. Bella does it. (Well, more of a describing what's on the page).

1 comment:
Poor baby... I hope she feels better soon. I can understand yr pain: when my baby is ill, I pray to be instead her.
Post a Comment