This is a view of our pantry door. It is loaded with lots of fun activities for us to do this summer. Before preschool was even out, I knew that I wanted to make the most of this summer. At the end of it, I'm going to send Bella off to kindergarten. When that time comes, I want to know that we really had fun together and enjoyed summer to its fullest. That's where this idea was born. Most things are very simple but are a way for us to really be intentional with our time. It really works for us for three great reasons:
- I am very motivated by to-do lists. I am one of those people who will write down something that I've already done just so I can check it off. Knowing that I will be seeing this whenever I'm in the kitchen assures me that I will stay accountable to doing each of those activities.
- On those afternoons when the kids are bored, I can easily look here for ideas.
- When the summer ends and I wonder where all the time went, I will be able to look at the "DONE" side and get a quick recap of all the fun that we had.
This was one of them: "Plant something"
A few weeks ago, we started with two apple seeds. We got them straight from one of the apples we ate.
Over the next few weeks, we let them germinate in a sealed plastic bag.
And they are now planted! One for the boys and one for the girls.
Apparently, it can take apple trees several years to ever bear fruit.
Not a task for the impatient, I guess.
Family photos did not make our Family Fun Guide, but it's definitely something that I've wanted to do. And now I can put a big ol' check on that one.
More photos to come. . .






No comments:
Post a Comment