We keep this Advent Tree on an end table in our dining room. This is our third Christmas with it. I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy with Curtis when I made this and I still remember how nauseous I felt while painting these boxes. Totally worth it though! Each box contains a Hershey kiss for each kid as well as a slip of paper with a simple Christmas activity for us to do. The kids really look forward to opening a box each day.
Here are our activities for this Christmas season:
- Make a Christmas craft (we had a few of those seasonal dollar crafts from Jo-Ann's)
- Attend the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Wood Park
- Make Christmas cards
- Light the second candle in our Advent Wreath
- Decorate the kitchen window for Christmas
- Read the story of St. Nicholas and leave out shoes
- Make confetti ornaments
- Make peppermint hot chocolate (hot chocolate stirred with candy canes)
- Do something nice for someone
- Make handprint/footprint reindeer
- Light the third candle in our Advent Wreath
- Sing Christmas songs
- Watch 'A Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol'
- Read a special Christmas story
- Go on a Christmas scavenger hunt around the house
- Attend the Living Nativity in Mt. Laurel
- Back and decorate Christmas cookies
- Light our fourth Advent Candle
- Complete a color-by-number Christmas tree
- Pray for Tamene (the boy we sponsor through World Vision)
- Watch 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'
- Complete 'Mr. Snowman Mad Libs'
- Read the Nativity story
- Go to the Christmas Eve service at church
- Light our Jesus candle and sing 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus!
And the boys painting
That's about all I have for photos. Sorry about that. Here is what I've been really busy with:
The majority of my free time has been spent crocheting away! My business is doing pretty well. So well that I had to temporarily put it on vacation so that I could complete my current orders and then have a little down time for Christmas and our trip back to Wisconsin. I'm down to my last twelve hats now so I am getting there!
I'll try to take more photos this week. :)







2 comments:
You need 12 more to fulfill orders? Wow... Good for you! Just imagine if you put the cloths up there! I love them! So do all my friends. If you have an extra boys hat ill take it. If not, no worries.
Too funny...Curtis eating his paint!
Such a great tradition! Im going to do that reindeer craft as well :-D Too cute
Post a Comment