
The theme was: LEGO! He chose it.


I had initially planned to have this party outside; but the weather was looking questionable so I moved it inside. I'm thankful for our big basement that provided that flexibility!




Somebody's ready for a party!


When the kids arrived, each had a little pack of legos to create something with.



They made some neat things!

The next game was "Pass the Brick". It's played just like hot potato. I wrapped up a lego kit to look like one big lego brick. The last person standing won the kit.

On to Lego Bingo!


Then 'Pin the Head on the Mini Figure'.


Curtis went first and he put it in the exact spot.

Lots of kids were either on or pretty close!

After all of those games, it was time for some snacks. We kept things really simple with this party. It was held in between lunch and dinner, so no need for a big meal. Just popcorn, chips, licorice, and some drinks.


Singing 'Happy Birthday' to Curtis!


He loves chocolate!

And of course we had a pinata.



After everyone left, we opened presents. Sometimes it's just easier that way.

He got some legos, ninja turtles, and some other fun, random toys.

Oscar was so tired from the party that he stayed inside the cage and rested even after I opened the door to let him out.

Our neighbors stopped by after the party with a gift for Curtis.

Curtis's actual birthday was the next day. He had a few packages from family that arrived in the mail and we saved those for that day. He opened up this blanket before church.

After church, we went swimming with the youth group.

The boys are not technically in this group since they're too young, but Bella was going and I wanted to keep everyone together on Curtis's birthday.

Later that evening, he opened the rest of his presents.

He was a super happy birthday boy!

We officially have a five-year-old in the house again!

No comments:
Post a Comment