Saturday, November 11, 2017

Halloween Festivities

There is always so much fun stuff to do whenever this time of year rolls around.

The weekend before Halloween, our town always has an event on the square. There was a little trunk or treat, fortune telling, marshmallow roasting, hayrides, games, crafts, and pumpkin painting. By the time we got around to this area, there was only one pumpkin left. Bella and Graydon shared it while Andy took Curtis off to one of the story telling areas. Graydon's side was black with red eyes. . .
IMG_3859

. . . while Bella made hers into a rainbow. Very artistic!
IMG_3858

My favorite part of the evening was the story tellers. I could have just sat and listened to them the whole night. The stories were not too scary and the tellers were so good. And I just found that whole part to be really relaxing.

When we got home that evening, it was pumpkin carving time! Andy helped a little with the carving and I did a lot of scooping out seeds and guts. Other than that, the kids did most of it on their own this year.
DSC_0027_01

DSC_0025_01

DSC_0024_01

Halloween! I kind of like that it was on a Tuesday this year. Normally there would be homework, basketball practice, gymnastics, etc. On this night, the teachers didn't assign any homework and all of the activities were cancelled. It was like a bonus family night.

Bella was a witch. . . for the third time!
DSC_0031_01

DSC_0049_01

DSC_0051_01

DSC_0053_01

Graydon was Harry Potter. The sunlight in these photos is a bit deceiving. It was a chilly night, so we had to improvise with this costume a bit. I don't think I've ever seen any Harry Potter illustrations with him in camouflage.
DSC_0032_01

DSC_0054_01

And of course Curtis was Batman!
DSC_0036_01

DSC_0037_01

IMG_1411

Ready for some trick-or-treating!
DSC_0042_01

DSC_0044_01

We started with the trunk-or-treat at the baptist church and then went up and down a street near the town square.
IMG_3871

Some of the houses were really decorated, which made it extra fun.
IMG_3873

IMG_3875

IMG_3876

IMG_3877

Since it was so cold, we cut the trick-or-treating short this year. The kids didn't even mind. The Yellow Trail Museum always has Halloween fun, so we went there to warm up, do some crafts, and get root beer floats!
IMG_3878

IMG_3880

When we got home, we lit our pumpkins and watched Disney Halloween cartoons.
IMG_3879

I was in bed a little after 9pm that evening. I guess trick-or-treating wore me out this year!

No comments: