Monday, June 14, 2021

Summer. . . so far

Here it is! Our second annual school paper burning night. 

I'm not sure which subject this workbook covered, but Graydon was very enthusiastic about throwing it in the fire. 




On Memorial Day, we took the kids to Kings Island. This is usually an end-of-year field trip that the fifth grade class at our school takes. COVID cancelled it these past two years, so both boys missed it. Since they didn't get to go with school, we decided to make it a family day. The weather was perfect and we were able to get on SO many rides. 

While Bella and I went on a few rides, the boys went to the arcade area. Curtis played a dart game where he was given three darts to throw at balloons. He popped three balloons with the three darts, so he won a stuffed animal. He chose the taco. The other options were an avocado or Bob Ross. Andy and Graydon both tried the game as well, but Curtis was the only one to be successful with all three darts. 


Family days make my heart SO happy! 

The pool across the street is wonderful for those hot summer days. While taking a break from the water, Graydon put his knees on his crocs and covered his legs with his towel - making himself appear to have super short legs. 

Then Bella gave it a try. 

And then they asked me to do it. 

I'd been wanting to give this hutch a makeover for a long time and I finally made the time to do it. 

It put our kitchen in a bit of disarray for a couple of days. 

Things always look worse before they get better, right? 

Voila! She was painted in Toasted Poppyseed and I think she looks a lot better. 

Tennis is done and now Bella is back to basketball for a little bit. She played in a tournament this past week. 


And I jumped on the animation craze. I'm not sure how accurate Andy and I look, but the kids look pretty good! 

Curtis has been doing a lot of drawing and sketching lately. I lent him my iPad this week and he even learned how to do some simple animations. Pretty talented kid! 




No comments: