Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy Birthday, Graydon!

We have a teenager! Graydon is THIRTEEN today!

2008

2009

2010

2011

2012

2013
IMG_3332

2014
IMG_4236

2015
DSC_0386_01

2016
DSC_0135_01


2017
DSC_0144_01

2018

2019
IMG_2567

2020


Graydon developed a new passion this year: music. I think it was always in him, but this year he finally got to learn an instrument through school - the saxophone! He is so motivated to practice and play new songs. He is also teaching himself how to play the trombone. It is so fun to hear his progress and see the enjoyment he gets from making music. 

Graydon graduated from elementary school this past year and started junior high. He's taking some tougher classes (he's a seventh grader in advanced eighth grade math) and is also in honors english. Up until recently, he has not been much of a reader and has often proclaimed, "I don't like reading." However, he had an english assignment that required him to read a 500 page book. It could be any book, it just had to be at least that amount of pages. He challenged himself to read a Harry Potter book that was over 700 pages! He went above and beyond for this assignment and was so disciplined about reading. When he finished, he realized that reading can be fun if you just find the right book!

Some of the sports he participated in this year include track, baseball, flag football, and basketball. I'm curious to see which sports, if any, he will continue to play in the years to come. As far as I can tell, music beats out any of the sports he has played. But we'll see. 

This past year has been a big year of growth. One major change for Graydon this past year is his appearance. He grew several inches, thinned out, and cut his hair. His voice also changed! That little boy face is definitely mostly gone now. I loved that little boy and I love the young man he is growing into. Now if we could just get him to clean his room a little better! 

Happy birthday, Graydon Andrew. Enjoy your special day!!!

No comments: