Sunday, May 21, 2023

Tennis Sectionals, Awards, & Band Concert

Bella's team played against Brown County for the tennis sectionals. Unfortunately, they lost, bringing an end to their tennis season. It has been so much fun to watch Bella play. Her record for the season was 12-6. Her coach said Bella was her first singles player to make All-Conference and that Bella had the best record of any singles player she coached. Way to go, Bella! 

Hauser awards were this past week. Bella received several. 




The junior high awards were held after. 


Graydon was also called down for an award, but I ended up fumbling with my phone and I missed the photo.

Curtis's awards were: All A's in Math and Science, Highest Math Average in Advanced 8th Grade math (even though he's in 7th grade), and Perfect Attendance. 

Graydon also had perfect attendance. Later in the week, his math teacher also gave him a certificate for having All A's in Advanced Algebra 1. Also, at the band concern two days later, his band teacher rewarded him with the MVP award for junior high band! 


I think Bella won every possible award she could. She received her academic letter, was one of four Rising Stars of Indiana, Perfect Attendance, Achievement Award for Agriculture, Outstanding Achievement in AP Literature, Highest Average in Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Outstanding American History Student, and Highest Average in Spanish 3. 

Friday evening was the spring band concert. All the students improved so much throughout the year.

This was taken after Graydon was awarded co-MVP of the junior high band!



In other news, Andy power-washed the deck. Look at the difference! 

The peonies by the mailboxes have started to bloom!


All the hydrangeas and hostas that I planted at the end of last summer came back! 

My winter-long crochet project was this blanket whose home is at the end of our bed. It's heavy, which I really like. I'm really happy with how it turned out. 


No comments: