Graydon had some friends spend the night. The next morning, we found him sleeping on the coffee table. Andy texted Graydon that the loveseat would have been more comfortable and Graydon responded with, “you think I don’t know that, I lost a bet” It kind of reminded me of a time in the old house when he had friends sleep over and he slept on the pool table in the basement! I think one of his superpowers is being able to sleep anywhere.
Mabel loves to be outside, but only if someone else is out there with her.
Andy and I got lunch in downtown Shelbyville after church one Sunday. Bella went to spend the afternoon with Sam and the boys were off to camp for the week. Across the street from where we ate was this mural. I could tell right away that the woman in the mural was Sandy Allen. I know that name because the street to enter our neighborhood is Sandy Allen Drive. All of the streets in our neighborhood are named after Shelbyville legends. Sandy Allen grew up in Shelbyville and is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the tallest woman in the world. She was 7 ft. 7 inches. The mural is true to size.

Our street is named after Bill Garrett, a Shelbyville native who is best known as the first African American to regularly play on a Big Ten Conference varsity basketball team. According to Wikipedia, prior to playing basketball for Indiana University, he led Shelbyville High School to its first state high school basketball championship in 1947. The current Shelbyville High School gym is named after him and he also has a mural in the city. I like that our neighborhood honors these local legends.
We had a financial night with Bella where she applied for her first credit card, set up a high yield savings account, and added money to a Roth IRA she had already set up for herself. She’s definitely on the right track at 20-years-old!
The boys spent a week at church camp. Here are a few pics I got from Facebook.
I went back to work on July 27th. That Friday, several of us staff members went hiking together. We hiked for five miles and I really enjoyed it because I love hiking. However, I didn’t realize until the next day when my legs and feet became super itchy, that I had been attacked by chiggers. I counted 87 bites and I’m still itchy over a week later. Hydrocortisone cream was barely doing much to help, so I ended up calling the doctor for a prescription. They gave me an oral steroid, which helped some. I’ve been pretty uncomfortable with all the itching, but at least I got some good staff bonding out of it!
I was sitting in the living room with Bella one morning, and she noticed that our blanket basket looked extra happy that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment